Imperfect produceApply this Position
Software Engineer - Backend (F#)
Job Posted on: Sept. 18, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Here at Imperfect, we are all about groceries on a mission. Since 2015, our services have saved over 40M lbs of food, 1.2B gallons of water, and 110M lbs CO2, while donating 3M lbs of food along the way. Our software engineering team builds the eCommerce platform and internal tooling that makes this all possible. The team partners closely with product management to develop features, solutions, and systems that enhance and transform the user experience. Engineers don’t just build widgets -- we participate in the full lifecycle of a feature, from conception to release. We’re a remote-first team, with members located throughout the US. This role will report to the Head of Engineering and can be remotely located within US time zones. We have exciting growth ahead of us as we evolve from only produce to a full-service grocery, as well as expand our footprint to serve an even greater portion of the country. We are swimming in interesting problems around customer-facing features, scale, and logistics. To help, we’re looking for talented backend software engineers with expertise in F#. Folks with various levels of professional software experience, from 2+ years to decades, are encouraged to apply. If preventing food waste, owning the full product engineering lifecycle, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Prototype quickly to test out new ideas and experiments
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing maintainable code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Imperfect customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments in your area(s) of expertise
- For more senior applicants, mentor junior team members
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong F# development skills
- 2+ years of professionally building production-grade, large-scale web software
- Understanding of database schema design, caching and scalability.
- Expertise with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure and services
- Experience with distributed, service-oriented systems communicating with RESTful API interfaces.
- Bonus: experience with event sourcing, CQRS and asynchronous communication using queues
- Bonus: interest and skill in working with server-side NodeJS
- A sincere commitment to crafting maintainable, dependable code
- A pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem-solving
- Passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
- Bonus: experience with or interest in leadership
Details of Position
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Head of Engineering
- Candidate can be remotely located within US time zones
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Free produce, Bevi, and kombucha!
- MacBook Air Laptops
- Health Care (Kaiser or Blue Shield)
- Vacation Days
- Ping Pong tables
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Commuter Benefits
- Sit/Stand Desks
- Stock Options & 401k
Apply this Position