Scalable PathApply this Position
Guest Software Industry Experts to write for Scalable Path Blog
Job Posted on: Sept. 18, 2019
Job Type: Contract
Experience Level: Senior
We are on the lookout for software industry experts to write articles for the Scalable Path Blog! You might be a web/mobile developer, data scientist, designer, project manager, product owner, remote freelancer, etc. This is a remote opportunity available on a contract basis - paid per article.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
Scalable Path is a premium talent marketplace and service with over 9,000 contractor profiles. We provide remote software designers and developers to clients (primarily in the US) on an hourly basis. We also offer free tools and information to help software development projects succeed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At Scalable Path, we produce monthly articles in our blog (https://www.scalablepath.com/blog) appealing to one or both of our two distinct audiences - our network of software developers and the clients who want to hire them. We have an internal Marketing Coordinator and Content Editor who work to unify the tone and style of the blog, but we love working with guest authors on the topics of web development technologies, design, processes, and even freelancing culture.
As a guest expert, you will be submitting topic suggestions that are relevant to our audience, interesting, topical and within your area of expertise.
Here’s how the process works:
- Once your application and topic are submitted, our Marketing Coordinator, Rachel, will reach out to let you know if we’re interested in your blog.
- Before we ask you to write a full paid article, you will be asked to submit an outline showing the organization of the main themes, headings, an introduction, and a conclusion. (Timeline: 1 week)
- If your outline is accepted then we will ask you to complete the article (Timeline: 1st draft within one week and an additional week for the 2nd draft)
- Your paid deliverable will be a medium form article of 1500-2500 words (should not exceed 4,000 words). The article will be featured with your name, bio, and Scalable Path profile link on our blog and newsletter with over 10k subscribers. It will also get mentions and extracts on our social media channels.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be reporting to our Marketing Coordinator and will be working directly with our Content Editor. You will be required to meet with one or both members of the team at specified times to discuss the content and timeline of the article as it progresses.
Scalable Path is headquartered in the America/Los Angeles (-07:00) PDT time zone. However, the Marketing Coordinator is in (-03:00) ADT and the Content Editor is in (+01:00) BST.
- Expertise in the tech industry (web and mobile development or design)
- Ability to commit to a timeline and deliver punctually
- Google Docs
- Written and spoken English
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Experience with writing tech-focused articles (provide work samples if available)
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
The payment is $500 USD for the final article (there is no compensation for the outline - this is considered part of the application process).
If you're interested, please DO NOT apply via StackOverflow - follow the link below and click the "Login to Apply" button:
- 100% Remote
- Exciting Projects
- Leading Edge Technologies
- Competitive Pay
Apply this Position