Site Security Team Pre-Service Intern
Job Posted on: Sept. 12, 2019
Job Type: Internship
Experience Level: Student
Defiant is a cybersecurity company that delivers the best threat protection for WordPress sites. We are a 100% remote team, fast moving, nimble, and self managed.
We are looking for an intern to join our Site Security Team, working flexible hours up to 20 hours per week. You will work with our security analysts and communicate directly with customers to carry out checks on our site cleaning orders and ensure they are ready for servicing. This is an exciting opportunity to work with security analysts across the world to help customers recover their sites after being hacked. It will give the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of a team that is at the forefront of WordPress security, discovering zero-day vulnerabilities and contributing to the latest Threat Intelligence research. If you have a passion for technology and are looking for an opportunity to gain experience in the field of Information Security, then you are the person we are looking for.
- Ideally studying towards a computer science related qualification or already holding a recent qualification in computer science.
- A good knowledge of the following network protocols:
- Knowledge of and experience working in Linux environments.
- Knowledge of PKI - generating and using keys.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Capable and comfortable working in a command line environment.
- Some experience dealing with web hosting companies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative and critical thinker.
- Highly motivated, deeply passionate, and able to work effectively with little oversight.
- Any prior experience working in a support role is beneficial.
- Pay rate is $20 per hour.
- Work remotely from wherever you have a secure internet connection.
- Work whatever hours are best for you, around 20 per week. (Some coordination around hours may be required during training with the team.)
- Opportunity to learn and grow into a more complex Security Analyst role.
- Training and support will be provided.
Apply this Position