Carbon BlackApply this Position
Principal Systems Engineer
Job Posted on: July 23, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Prefered Timezone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time +/- 2 hours
Experience Level: Mid-Level, Senior
** This position can be based in our Waltham, MA office or remote in Massachusetts**
- Provide support for all relevant projects including installation and maintenance, troubleshooting, system monitoring and alerting and timely problem resolution.
- Adhere to established SLAs in responding to and completing service tickets, including providing a high level of customer support, detailed root cause analysis, and trouble reports for system outages. Adhere to established departmental operational policies and procedures.
- Act as a contact person for outside vendors during installation, production changes, and repair and/or removal of equipment or services.
- Utilize software and hardware diagnostic tools to identify, diagnose and repair complex problems and issues affecting system performance.
- Assist in the development of network and BCP documentation, including diagrams, equipment inventories and Departmental Procedures.
- Proactively monitor system performance to discover problems before they affect the customer. Ensures system life-cycle are healthy, and that systems are at current/stable/supported software versions. Research and evaluate new platform features and functionalities that can benefit the firm.
- Accessible to perform after hours support duties on a rotating 24x7 basis to sustain networking systems and end user support.
- Maintain Windows Active Directory infrastructure and standalone server environment
- Maintain Office 365 services such as Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Azure AD
- Design and implement improvements to business workflow, data security and access, and collaboration through further Office 365 integration and third-party tools
- Develop High Level Designs and Architectures– Create and document Microsoft Cloud (ie Azure, O365, PowerBI/SQL Server, etc..) solution architectures that address business problems and needs
- 5 or more years of experience working with Microsoft technologies.
Broad experience across the Microsoft on-prem stack with deeper experience in at least 3-4 of the following:
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 or newer (2013, 2016, 2019)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer
- Active Directory Domain Services with integrated DNS
- Active Directory Certification Services (PKI)
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 R2 or newer
- Office 365 - Exchange Online, OneDrive, Sharepoint and Azure AD sync
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (Intune mobile device management)
Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and moving workloads to Office 365:
- Exchange Online
- Sharepoint Online
- Azure Active Directory
- Research and develop high level designs and architectures– Create and document Microsoft on-prem or preferrably cloud (ie Azure, O365, PowerBI/SQL Server, etc..) solution architectures that address business problems and needs, including backups and disaster recovery
- Act as a contact and liaison for vendors either to support technical projects or to open tickets for incident escalation.
- Collaborate with the team, be willing to learn about other roles and provide backup assistance and coverage on an occasional basis, plus an on-call rotation for after-hours support of critical infrastructure
- Attention to detail and ability to logically troubleshoot and solve problems that often have not been seen before
- Communicate and build relationships with other staff and teams to productively achieve outcomes and complete projects
- Observe existing project and team process and policy but make recommendations for improvements
- Work toward reducing redundant tasks, procedures, efforts by recommending process improvements, tools, software, and/or writing scripts.
- Document technical architecture specs, diagrams, knowledge base articles, and how-tos.
- Microsoft PowerShell scripting (moderate to advanced); including error logging, connecting to/querying databases, secure credentials, write your own modules.
- Practical knowledge of SSO and MFA technologies such as ADFS, Okta, Duo.
- Project management, leadership, mentoring, and training skills.
- Knowledge of Agile tools and practices and previous work in a Scrum team.
- Industry specific certifications especially in Microsoft technologies or Cybersecurity or Information Security.
- Cloud computing experience in Azure or AWS, particularly lifecycle and/or migration of on-prem workloads to the cloud, leveraging cloud-specific technologies and advantages (as opposed to purely a lift and shift)
- Flexible vacation
- Remote/Work-from-home options
- Stand-up desks and unique workspaces
- Free snacks/drinks, Happy Hours, and regular catering
- Care.com access and pet insurance
- On-site gym
- Career development programs
- Lounge/game room
- Competitive salaries, 401k, and stock options
Apply this Position