SUSEApply this Position
Senior QA Automation Engineer (Flexible location)
Job Posted on: July 1, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Prefered Timezone: (GMT+01:00) Berlin
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Senior QA Automation Engineer
Location: Flexible (Germany, Czech Republic, Home office)
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer involved in testing and validation you are here to push the SUSE products to their limits. In order to deliver a product, which is aligned with our customers' expectations and conforms to the highest level of quality standards, you will assist the development team in identifying problems early. This would require you to write test cases while simultaneously planning, designing, developing and maintaining automation tools with various programming and scripting languages.
As part of a fast-paced agile engineering team you will be testing cutting-edge technology, while it is being integrated into new releases and updates of SUSE products. At the same time you will be monitoring new releases and product fixes to ensure that no regressions occur. We would expect you to contribute to the new test strategies and to help broaden the test scope, while improving the efficiency of testing wherever possible so as to reduce the effort.
The product depends on a tightly-controlled continuous integration, which is ever-growing in size and coverage. We would require you to help our own team to maintain the test suite and contribute by providing new test scripts, while supporting engineers in developing their own test cases.
We also need someone who is able to document strategies and test cases clearly and concisely in a way that could be shared and easily communicated across members in the QA and engineering teams.
* You will install development releases of the SUSE products either automatically or manually in cloud-based, virtualized or physical environments
* You will run testing automation
* You will regularly test software and security updates on older versions of the product as part of the maintenance service, which we provide to our customers
* You will troubleshoot issues on test platforms
* You will perform manual tests in the areas that are not covered yet or that cannot be covered by automated tests
* You will also perform exploratory testing in order to discover new test scope in areas of the product where potential issues could exist.
Your ability to learn fast and to be able to think on your feet will be key to this role. In addition to this, we would expect you to have the following skills:
* You are familiar with Linux environments
* You have programming skills and have an interest in growing these skills
* You have testing experience, preferably in an agile environment
* You are proven to be a good team player with excellent communication skills
* You have good proficiency in English.
The following experience would be useful, but not necessary (training can be provided):
* Close collaboration with Software Engineering teams - in an agile SCRUM or Kanban setup preferably
* Hands on experience with Public Clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure or others) and/or OpenStack
* Experience contributing to open source projects or being an open source maintainer
* Knowledge of test automation frameworks and tools (Cucumber and/or openQA are a big plus)
* At ease with Linux installation and operations on servers... also the year of Linux on the Desktop was a long time ago for you :)
* Practical experience with Terraform and Salt
* More generally, understanding of modern software development, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, and infrastructure-as-code
Why work with us:
* We are a tightly-knitted global team that is passionate about Free, Libre & Open Source Software development
* We enjoy being successful as a team and consequently foster the SCRUM values, focus, courage, openness, commitment and respect
* We are flexible on working hours
* We organize regular events to build up relationships and friendship within and across teams.
These range from informal meet and drink sessions to themed multi-day events in off-site locations
* We do regular hackathons and workshops on company, department and team levels
* Our work environment is fun and creative with massage room, big open community area, games room (eg. table tennis, pinball, table soccer, darts, video games), free flow soft drinks and fresh fruits
* You get opportunities for travel to conferences around the world
* You can be part of the global Open Source community !
- Collaborative Working Enviroment
- Home, Virtual Office
- Good Secondary Benefits
- Truly International Enviroment and Working Culture
- Flexible Working Hours
- Anticipated Holiday
- Suplementary Parent Leave
Apply this Position