United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV)Apply this Position
Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Engineer
Job Posted on: June 25, 2019
Job Type: Contract
Prefered Timezone: (GMT+01:00) Vienna +/- 4 hours
Experience Level: Senior
Salary: $60k - 84k (US Dollars)
Duties and Responsibilities
With over 1,000 staff at United Nations Headquarters in New York and almost 2,000 worldwide, including conference management staff at the United Nations Offices at Geneva, Vienna and Nairobi, the Department for General Assembly and Conference Management (DGACM) is the largest in the United Nations Secretariat. The workforce includes committee secretaries and research staff, meeting planners and protocol officers, translators, revisers and verbatim reporters, interpreters and editors, proofreaders, graphic designers and printers, conference officers and administration staff spanned across four duty stations.
DGACM is looking for a Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Engineer to provide management of Microsoft Azure infrastructure and optimization of software development and deployment processes. The incumbents will report to and work under the direct supervision of the Team Leader of QA and DevOps Team.
Under delegated authority, the Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Support software development processes and implementation of new software releases through management of Microsoft Azure infrastructure;
• Proactively monitor and maintain hosting and development infrastructure in Microsoft Azure cloud;
• Maintain and implement security best practices; proactively investigate improvements to infrastructure security;
• Suggest and assist with implementation of process and cost improvements to Microsoft Azure hosting infrastructure;
• Implement scripting and coding solutions to support the software lifecycle, including provisioning of cloud resources;
• Cooperate and communicate closely with software development and quality assurance teams to ensure efficient processes;
• Maintain and optimize deployment infrastructure;
• Keep abreast of developments in the field of Microsoft Azure and DevOps and propose new tools, processes and strategies as appropriate;
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Academic Qualifications: A First-level degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) is required.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in on-premises or cloud-based infrastructure management is required. Out of the aforementioned experience, 2 years experience in Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure management is required including, developing PowerShell scripts, working with Azure IaaS and PaaS, and Infrastructure as Code (such as ARM templates); 2 years of experience with Software Configuration Management and build tools such as Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps is desirable; 2 years experience with deployment tools like Octopus Deploy or Azure DevOps Release Pipelines is desired; CISSP, ISO27001/27005 or equivalent security certification is desirable; Practical experience and knowledge of C# coding is desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Bank in house
- Coffee places
- Flexible work schedules
- Clinic in house
- Subway close by
- social club
- Post Office
Apply this Position