ElasticApply this Position
Senior Product Manager - Elastic Cloud - US East or EMEA
Job Posted on: June 21, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Prefered Timezone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time +/- 6 hours
Experience Level: Senior
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to drive the success of our Cloud products. Elastic Cloud is our hosted Elasticsearch and Kibana service and is the fastest growing product of Elastic and we need your help in making it even better and bringing it to its fullest potential. If you're technical, have experience with developer-targeted product and are looking to join and dynamic and growing team, this job is for you!
- Gather requirements from customers, sales and Elastic’s own operations team and help with ongoing prioritization of features
- Define KPIs to collect and analyze. Use this data to identify trends and make recommendations on how the platform can be optimized and improved, including (but not limited to) UX, pricing, packaging and product offerings
- Support the sales team on customer engagements and take part in sales enablement activities within Elastic
- Provide engineering with inputs on new and existing features and make sure they’re aligned with customers needs.
- Work with the marketing and product marketing teams on messaging, positioning and launch activities.
- Solid understanding and familiarity with cloud technologies (such as AWS, Azure, and GCP) and developer-focused products
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- 2+ years of proven track record in product management at a SaaS software company
Preferred skills and experience:
- BA or a higher degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS)
- Experience with Open Source software and/or commercial open source companies.
- Experience building and/or operating a SaaS product
- Experience with search, logging, and analytics products in the big data ecosystem (Elasticsearch, Solr, Hadoop, MongoDB, Spark etc)
We're looking to hire team members invested in realising the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
- 401k Matching Up to 6 % in US and Pensions in some other countries
- Vacation to be determined by location
- 100% distributed work
- Spacetime (Program for any developer in any team to innovate)
- Donation matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Engineering All-Hands bi-annually
- Volunteer Time-Off
Apply this Position